Saturday, September 17, 2011

How a Zamperla Demolition Derby Works - The Explanation

Last week I was trying to figure out how a Zamperla Demolition Derby ride worked. After a lot of research and digging through the interwebs I have finally found some answers. I actually haven't figured out how Zamperla's modern version works, but I have found a few patents for earlier versions of the ride. You see, the demolition derby is actually based on a ride called "the crazy daisy" (or crazy dazy) built by Philiadelphia Toboggan Coasters (PTC). There's also another variation called the Cuddle Up (or cuddle-up) which I think depends on the number of turntables involved. Anyways, here are a few of the patents with diagrams of the flat rides with intersecting ride paths:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!